Annual General Meeting, 30th April, 2015,Cross River Mall, Shahdara, Delhi
- Recognition of Electronic Security Industry with Deity, BIS, ESSCI, Elcina
- Increased membership by more than 27%.
- Notification for Preference to domestically manufactured in Government procurement for Biometric Devices
- Appointment of Sh. Ganesh Jivani, MD, Matrix Comsec to chair BIS Committee on Access Control
- Appointment of Sh. Sanjeev Sehgal, MD, Sparsh to chair BIS Committee on CCTV
- Appointment of Sh. Nitin Joshi, Sh. VevakGossain, Sh. Anoop Sahu, Sh. Anand Jain, Sh. TinkuAcharya and Sh. Rajnish Agarwal members in various committees of BIS LITD26.
- Successful completion of IISE 2014
- Increased participation in IISE by 30%.
- Increased free Room nights from 600 to 1200 for Business Visitors during IISE 2014.
- Increased participation in “Make in India” theme pavilion during IISE 2014, provided FOC.
- Seminar by PHD Chamber of Commerce during IISE.
- IISE 2014 Visitor Database sharing with all Exhibitors within 15 days of the show.
- Lucky draw for visitors to “Win a Car” during IISE.
- Business Lounge by SPGI during IISE
- Announcement of Technical Gadget Assessment Centre at India Trade Promotion Organisation (ITPO) with Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) & SPGI at closing ceremony of IISE 2014.
- Industry interaction with officials from Department of Electronics & Information Technology (DeitY), Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS), Electronic Sector Skill Council of India (ESSCI) and Elcina.
- Knowledge Partner at National MSME Conclave 2014.
- Forwarded industry demands and recommendation for Budget 2015.
- Release of Occupational Standards for CCTV Installer Course by ESSCI.
Events - 2014-15
- Brain storming session on 25th April’2014 at Pragati Maidan for information on mandatory BIS standards on Electronic Products.
- Curtain Raiser of IISE 2014 on 5th September’2014 at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi.
- India International Security Expo – IISE 2014 from 25th to 29th September’2014 as Co-organiser.
- “Indian Security – The Next Chapter” at DLTA Lawns New Delhi on 7th November’2014 for industry face to face interaction with Government officials.
- “Indian Security – The New Dawn” at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi on 12th December’2014 for information of implementation of Preferential Market Access for Biometric Devices
- IBEX India 2015, an International Exhibition & Conference on Banking Technology, Equip. & Services from 15th to 17th January’2015 as Event Partner
- National MSME Conclave 2014 as Knowledge partner on 19th November’2014 at Scope Auditorium, CGO Complex, New Delhi.
- LITD 26 meeting of BIS at Manak Bhawan, New Delhi on 20th March’2015
- Interaction for delegates of BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) with Indian SME on 30th January’2015 at Russia Cultural Centre, New Delhi.
- Participation in India Electronics Expo at New Delhi from 25th to 27th March’2015 as Associate Partner to promote Indian manufacturers for Export.
- IICA LABOUR LAW WORKSHOP on Recent Reforms: Current Initiatives on 23rd March, 2015 at Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs, Manesar, Haryana.
Indian Security – The Next Chapter, 7th November’2014
- Technical Gadget Assessment Centre at India Trade Promotion Organisation (ITPO) with Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) & SPGI
- Indian Product Standardisation by Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS)
- Incentive Schemes for Electronics Industry by Department of Electronics & Information Technology (Deity)
- Electronic Cluster Development by Electronic Industries Association of India (ELCINA)
- Skilling India in Electronics by Electronic Sector Skill Council of India (ESSCI)
- Taxation on Electronic Security Products and Services
- Chief Guest - Mr Malay Srivastava, Executive Director – ITPO
- Special Invitee - Mr Vikram Sahgal, GM (Security)-ITPO
- Mr S. K. Marwaha, Director-DeitY
- Mr.RajooGoel, General Secretary-ELCINA
- Mr.PradeepDoshi, Head & Sr. VP-ESSCI
- Mr. D. Goswami, Scientist & Head, Electronics & IT-Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS)
- Mr. Anwar Shirpurwala, Director - MAIT
- Mr. Sanjeev Sehgal welcomed the distinguished guests & the attendees & told everyone that Security Promotion Group of India (SPGI) was a group of professionals who had come together to organise & structure the security industry. He gave details of activities and milestones achieved by SPGI in 1 year & 10 months of its inception.
- Mr. Vikram Sahgal informed gathering that proposal was in place for a CISF Technical Gadgets Assessment Centre in the ITPO premises to promote new inventions & existing products by way of assessments & approvals.
- Mr. S. K. Marwahaposit Deity’s vision “is to create a highly competitive design & manufacturing industry, to meet the domestic needs & serve the international markets”. He explained about:
- Modified Special Incentive Package Scheme (MSIPS)
- Electronic Manufacturing Cluster Scheme (EMC)
- Preference to Domestically Manufactured Products (PMA)
- Mr.RajooGoelspoke about manufacturing & said that there is very little focus on manufacturing & if we can change that we can reap the benefits, not only for ourselves but for the society & the country.
- Mr.PradeepDoshi talked about his vision to facilitate a world-class ecosystem for industry oriented skill development for the Electronic sector & the job opportunities for the skilled work force in the security industry in installation, service & maintenance in the areas of integrated surveillance, monitoring & alarm systems.
- Mr. D. Goswamistressed about bringing in a standardisation policy for indigenously manufactured products as well as imported goods so that the best quality could be made available to the end-user & assure global acceptance of Indian products.
- Mr.Rajnish Agarwal re-established the fact that a uniform taxation policy was important for the manufacturers & importers which would reduce costs & benefit the end-user.
SPGI – The Way Forward
- Formation of Indian Standards for all categories of Electronic Security Equipment.
- Implementation of National Electronics Policy.
- Participation in International Shows – Signed agreement with Indian Chamber of Commerce for Intersec 2016, Dubai.
- New initiatives in IISE 2015 like – Buyer – Seller Meet
- Development of Occupational Standards for job roles like Security System Installer, Service Engineer, etc.
SLIDE – SPGI Connecting ALL – PLS ADD